Sunday, December 28, 2008

Salmon Topped with Spinach and Mixed Olive Bruschetta

My wife stepped out tonight for her annual holiday dinner with her girlfriends, so it was a good chance for me to be a little creative at home. Since I was on daddy duty, I needed to keep it somewhat simple. I also decided to do something light and healthy to counter-balance the disgusting amounts of holiday cookies that I've eaten over the past few days. I decided on salmon topped with steamed spinach.

I came across a nice jar of mixed olive bruschetta at my local Italian deli and specialty shop. I thought that this would be the perfect accent to the dish. I usually prefer to grill or pan sear my salmon, but since the oven was on to bake Julianna's chicken tenders, I went with baking the salmon. After a quick olive oil drizzle and some salt and pepper, I baked it for about 10-12 minutes. Just a few minutes before it was done, I topped it with a tablespoon of the bruschetta, just to let it warm up. Removed it from the oven, topped it with some nice steamed spinach, and enjoyed a terrific, healthy and quick meal. I'm guessing that it would go well with a nice glass of Pinot Grigio...I'll give that a shot the next time when (hopefully) I'm not home alone with just the two little ones!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI Dom!
Got any good appi-teasers for New Year's? Hope you had a wonderful holiday! Thanks! Love the site.