Sunday, November 23, 2008

Yule Drink to This!

Over the past few years, I have taken a passionate liking to the word of craft beers. The holiday/winter season has quickly become one of my favorite beer times of the year. While I always look forward to my first sip of an Oktoberfest like a dog looks forward to a new bone, the variety and flavors that come around this time of year are as much of a treat as my Mom's homemade Christmas cookies. Now, I am still a bit of a beer novice to even begin to explain the differences between the many, many different winter warmers. That's why I HIGHLY recommend checking out the new book, Christmas Beer, by Don Russell (aka Joe Sixpack), described as 'the first ever book devoted to your favorite seasonal beers. Christmas beer, winter warmers, holiday ales - take the chill off with this fun, in-depth look at the history, traditions and flavors.'

I also recommend you check out his website, www.joesixpack.net, which is updated every Friday. He will be highlighting various holiday and winter beers over the next few weeks, so be sure to visit regularly.

And finally, if you ever get the chance to see Joe Sixpack at an appearance, please do so. It's a guaranteed fun and educational experience....and it's all about beer! What more can you ask for!

Cheers!

No comments: